CORE WEB VITALS: Google “Page Experience” Rankings Begin Next Week
This has been a long time coming. Here’s what we believe now according to research performed by Searchmetrics and relayed by Marcus Tober in Voices of Search podcast #475:
- Based on a review of 2,000,000 websites.
- More than 50% in US fail both Largest Contentful Paint and First Input Delay loading benchmarks as established by Google.
- More than 97% of all websites in US fail the recommended loading time for Cumulative Layout Shift.
- Majority opinion is that these metrics will not be enforced all at once, or even on Day 1, but rather implemented on a gradual basis.
- Default template of WordPress is actually quite slow and not passing many of the benchmarks.
This is all new territory and evolving, so talk to your webmaster, SEO consultant or contact us for any questions that you may have. There is no choice here. These are new Google ranking factors.
Onward and upward!
For more information: https://marketersformovers.com/blog/seo-guide-for-moving-companies/