We’ve looked at it from all angles and we’ve come to realize that the old adage “people like to buy, but they hate to be sold to” is now more true than ever. What does this mean for you in generating more leads? Here’s our read:
- ADVERTISING: Has its place but is expensive if not well targeted…and that means Google Ads, formerly AdWords. Why?:
- Google Ads appear on Page One of a Google Search. Most people never search beyond Page One.
- In fact, the first website listed on Page One of Google has a 34.36% click-through rate per SalesLion research.
- Appearing in a Google Ad means you’re on Page One of Google, and that means you’re on a page that people who are in the market to move are viewing. No better place to be because…
- 81% of shoppers research their product (service) online before buying, per a SalesLion study.
- LinkedIn seems like a viable choice to reach buyers, but we’ve found it is not if you’re looking beyond large corporations. We have found few “mom and pops” are registered on Linkedin.
- Facebook reaches older men and women alike (45 years old plus in our research), but it’s “awareness” advertising. Unless you have something new to announce that has broad appeal, you’re wasting money here.
- EMAIL MARKETING: This has a high return on investment if you have a customer list, but if not, it has low results, and we’ve even experimented with it against third-party lists with little results.
- SEO (SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION): It’s where you need to be now more than ever based on the above analysis because your business can be found by people looking to move, and they found you themselves, so they don’t feel like they’re being sold to. SEO is not easy. SEO is not the push of a button, but it does have tremendous sales potential and just gets bigger and bigger for your sales when done right, plus the fact that our research shows that the average duration of a visitor to site from Organic is more than twice that from other sources including ads.
Onward and upward!
For more information: https://marketersformovers.com/blog/maximize-leads-with-new-google-adwords-features/