How Your Moving Company Can Generate Leads From Videos
How to Generate Leads from Videos
Using video for business marketing was once a feared, complex tactic. The amount of time and resources that had to be put into creating the video would often offset any ROI.
However, there is now plenty of easy-to-use video software and even more affordable video SEO experts. In this post, we’re going to break down why videos are still valuable to marketing and how your moving company can generate leads from videos.
Why Video Marketing SEO is Important
In today’s digital landscape, it is becoming more and more difficult to have a personal and meaningful interaction. People’s identities are easily hidden, whether on purpose or not. Intentions can be misconstrued, and words can be misread.
That’s why videos hold such an important place in the moving industry. In an industry where we prioritize trust and transparency, being able to put a face on a company goes a long way. Consumers are much more likely to use a service when they’re able to identify with it.
Videos are one of the most popular forms of content on the internet. In fact, over 500 million hours of videos are watched everyday – just on YouTube. Facebook? Their videos get up to 8 billion views every day.
You might be wondering how videos can do anything other than increase brand awareness. How interesting can a video about moving be?
The good news is no one is asking you to create the next Oscar winner. A short, thoughtful video that provides useful information is more than enough to increase your conversions.
For example, you could create a video for “5 Essential Long Distance Moving Tips” and place it on your website. Having a relevant video on one of your websites landing pages can increase your conversions by up to 80%.
Types of Moving Company Videos
There are numerous types of video content that can be used for lead generation. From gated content that requires a potential customer’s contact information to an explainer video describing how to safely move a piano, the options are vast.
Whether you’re creating a video to increase conversion rates or rank higher in the search results, all the following video formats can be utilized to accomplish your goal.
- Explainer Videos: Tutorials and how-to videos also fall in this category. This is where you can offer your moving expertise to your audience. There are few things that people love more than successfully learning how to do something. Whether you want to create a video for office moving tips or how to pack antiques, you have the answers people are searching for.
- Testimonials: These can be difficult to produce as some people aren’t willing to be shot on camera but can be incredibly effective if executed properly. Referrals and reviews are some of the main factors in deciding whether to purchase a service. By showing happy families and individuals giving glowing reviews of your movers, you’re creating a powerful piece of marketing.
- Company Culture Videos: Tying back into the idea that videos help build trust, creating a video that showcases your company’s culture is a great way to increase engagement with your audience. Whether you take a few videos at your company barbecue or highlight a few of your movers, people love getting inside access. You could also consider a “Day in the Life” video blog showing the typical day of one of your movers.
- Educational Videos: These are an opportunity to teach your audience about a complex topic in the moving industry. For example, we’ve created videos for clients that explain what it means to be a “full-service mover” as well as videos explaining how valuation protection works.
- Animated Videos: Whether you want to make this an educational video or a how-to video is up to you. Nevertheless, animated videos have become one of the most effect forms of media in marketing. While you lose the personal touch of seeing a human, the voiceover and charming effect of animation are more than enough to keep your audience engaged.
Tips for Generating Video Leads
Now that you have an understanding for the types of online videos you should make, it’s time to go through a few tips for optimizing videos.
- First 10 Seconds: The first 10 seconds of a video are the most important part. That’s because most viewers click off of a video within the first 10 seconds. In order to get users to stay on the video, try making the beginning of the video stand out. Whether that’s an eye-popping title, a clever joke or even just a welcoming smile.
- Gated Content: Making your videos gated is a great way to lead users down the sales funnel. Essentially, you create a high quality, valuable video and in order for users to watch it, they must submit their email address, phone number or some other type of contact information.
- Optimize Video for SEO: There are multiple elements you can add to videos that will help your search engine optimization. Including relevant tags, descriptions and titles are a great place to start. You can also create a transcript for the video and make sure it is placed on a relevant landing page.
- Tell a Story: While it might not be possible with some moving videos, try to tell a story whenever you can. Storytelling is still one of the most effective marketing strategies because it elicits emotion out of your audience. If you create a video that is full of sales speak and ad copy, your audience will be able to tell you’re not being authentic.
- Include CTA: Just because you shouldn’t turn your video into a sales pitch doesn’t mean you can’t promote yourself. Always include a Call To Action at the end of your videos to encourage users to interact and stay engaged.
While it might not seem like videos should be an important part of your marketing strategy, data proves otherwise. Video marketing is not going away soon, and in fact, it is only going to become more important in every industry.
Your audience prefers to watch video content and search engines prefer web pages that have video content. Making both happy is a great formula to generate moving leads.