MOVING SITE DROP? GOOGLE MAY UPDATE
Google made a “core” update beginning May 4th. Google rarely discusses what they have done, and they did not here. What we can tell you based on SEO research:
- E.A.T.: You have seen us write about this before: Expertise. Authoritativeness. Trustworthiness. This is your starting point with Google rankings. Some feel this update may have restored some of this juice that was taken away in the November 2019 update.
- “SERVICES” PAGES: It would appear that “hub” pages fell. So if you have a website with all of your services listed on one page, your site may have taken a hit. Quality is very important to Google.
- HIGH QUALITY BACKLINKS: Sites that have been able to acquire these links are definite winners. This is the most difficult aspect of SEO but it is the most beneficial in achieving higher page rank. This core update gave it more juice.
- LOCAL SEARCH RANKINGS: For almost all of you, your local market is the target of your website and here Google will not say they made any changes.
- WHAT TO DO? According to Google focus on: (1) Quality & Content (2) Expertise (3) Presentation & Production (4) Competitive Comparisons.
As stated previously, major disruptions provide a big opportunity to increase your market share. They also greatly affect engagement with your prospects. As we are “re-opening” across the US, be ready for your customers. Your website is your most important new business tool.
Onward and upward!
For more information: https://marketersformovers.com/blog/how-to-gain-market-share-in-a-disruption/