This is your one-month guide to help you market your moving company. Learn how to define and reach your company goals, implement your marketing strategy, and measure your results. Broken down week by week, this guide will teach you how to market your company effectively.
Week 1: Define your Goals
As a mover, naturally, one of the questions you are eventually going to ask yourself is “how to market a moving company.” Marketing is huge aspect of the mover’s business. You need to evaluate where your companies’ marketing and advertising can be improved. This will steer you in the right direction for defining your moving company’s marketing goals.
When defining your goals, you want to make sure that they is as specific as possible.
For example: if you are looking to find ways on how to market a moving company, you should focus on one aspect of your moving company’s marketing strategy. Vague results are unhelpful and will not lead you in the right direction towards achievement.
Make it easy.
When defining your goals, you also want them to be measurable. Setting things like precise dates or amounts will allow you to measure your success. You will never know if you have achieved your goals if you can’t measure the results.
Then, make sure your marketing goals are attainable. All too often, companies set lofty or unrealistic goals and fall short. This can result in loss of confidence and team morale.
As a moving company, you should set strident, but achievable, marketing goals that challenge your business. Goals that are too easy lack satisfaction or impactful results.
Lastly, when defining your goals, keep the following in mind. Make sure that they are in-sync with your future plans and that they have defined deadlines. Both are equally important. Your marketing goals should be key to your business’ future and should be fulfilled in a timely matter.
Having deadlines is crucial because it creates a sense of urgency and helps you and your team focus on achieving at a high level.
Week 2: How Do You Reach Your Goals?!
After defining your goals, the next step is figuring out how to reach them. This is where you begin doing research.
Look at different ideas and ask questions like “how to advertise a moving company,” or “how to market a moving company.” The more knowledge you gain on your marketing goals, the faster you will be able to fulfill them.
Another way of reaching your goals is by making it a priority. Your goals should always come first. If you are looking for moving company advertising ideas, the first thing you should be doing every morning is researching and making phone calls to local agencies.
There is no greater feeling than crossing off the first items on your to-do list.
Week 3: Implementation and Tracking of Marketing Strategy
When it comes to finally implementing your marketing strategy, there are a few tips you should follow to succeed:
- You should begin by building a team and securing your resources. Your team can consist of employees within your company or can be outsourced to a marketing firm. Regardless of what type of team you choose, be sure they can fulfill the task at hand. You should relay to them your expectations. Marketing success takes time and your team should be aware that results are not going to be apparent right away
- After establishing your team, the most important thing for you to do is communicate the plan. Make sure everyone is on the same page. You can make this process easier by delegating certain jobs to specific people or groups. Along with your team, you should be communicating the plan with the rest of the company. This creates excitement in your workplace and makes everyone feel involved.
- For tracking your marketing strategies success, you should begin by creating a measurement dashboard. This is a tool that allows you to track and measure the progress you have made. In marketing you can also track key performance indicators (KPIs). These indicators are things like website subscriptions and email sign ups. They are the items that could impact top-line results.
- Monitoring your measurement dashboard daily at first. This helps you stay up to date with the current progress. After the first couple of weeks, check at least once a week. Communicate your progress, successes and areas of improvement with your marketing team and as well the entire company. This helps everyone stay accountable!
Week 4: Looking at the Results
As you hit your deadline, it is time to view the results of your moving company’s marketing strategy. This is the time where you see what worked, what failed and what can be improved on. You can find most of this information by the data you measured weekly. Your data should consist of items like, money spent, sales leads gained, subscribers gained, revenue increased, etc.
If you met your goals, great! Aim higher for next month!
If you are not satisfied with your results, do not worry. There is always a lot you can do to improve your planning and marketing strategy:
- Find areas in your plan that allow you to adjust. For example, if you spent to much money on advertising, next month look at potential options for free advertising for moving companies.
- Revise your plan and begin the process for setting new goals for your moving company marketing strategy. Regardless if your plan was successful you still want to grow. Look at the successful aspects of your strategy and see if you can improve on them.
- Set the bar a little higher next time you define your goal. There are plenty of marketing ideas for moving companies. You just need to be willing to work hard and not be afraid to fail.
- Evaluate your partnerships. If you’ve been with an agency and they’ve failed to help you meet your well-defined sales goals over the course of 4-6 months, you might want to start shopping. Look for a specialized moving company marketing agency for the best results.
Marketing success takes time. Work hard and trust the process. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t yield the results you wanted on the first month. Build off of your successful ideas and revise. Don’t be afraid to re-evaluate your goals for your results-driven marketing.
Not all strategies work in all markets. Revise your plan monthly to stay on track. That’s the only way to find the strategy that works best for your moving company.