Google began a new core update on December 3rd.
They take about two weeks to totally roll out. All SEO research companies agree it was important. More important than the update in May 2020. If your site lost page rank, here is what you should know as provided by Google first-hand:
This core update was big and substantial. According to RankRanger: the “December update showed even more changes than the May update in some areas, especially in the top three results.”
If your site lost rank Google states: “We suggest focusing on ensuring you’re offering the best content you can. That’s what our algorithms seek to reward.” Some tactics Google suggests you ask yourself about your website:
- Does the content provide original information, reporting, research and analysis?
- Does the content provide a substantial, complete or comprehensive description of the topic?
- Does the content provide insightful analysis or interesting information that is beyond obvious?
- If the content draws on other sources, does it avoid simply copying or rewriting those sources and instead provide substantial additional value and originality?
- Does the headline and/or page title provide a descriptive, helpful summary of the content?
These are all basic factors that any experienced SEO company would know and initiate. If your site dropped, talk to your webmaster. You may be failing in some of the areas above. More tactics next week!
Onward and upward!