All moving companies want sales leads. Of course, it’s the lifeblood of their business.
It’s never more evident than in lean times like these when the demand for movers is so low. What if there are no leads in the pipeline? Why, and what can you do?
- GETTING LEADS IS A LONG-TERM PLAN: You must have a sales strategy and set goals for every quarter, and for every year.
- A SAD HISTORY OF BUYING LEADS: This has been the “sales strategy” for thousands of movers for decades. But this is no sales strategy.
- WHEN LEADS DRY UP: When the big wigs in Washington decide to cool inflation, we’re the first to be affected because the cost of money goes up, and it slows down buying. The ripple effect destroys the natural ebb and flow of people moving.
- NEEDING TO GET MORE LEADS NOW: When the owner wants more leads, they look at their website to produce them…NOW. But:
- The website has not been optimized.
- The website is nowhere near Page One of Google for any keyword phrase.
- The movers call an SEO company for fast first aid.
- SEO IS MARKETING: It takes time. When you first opened your doors, it took time to get customers, right? SEO is no different, and awareness is always the problem. You have to REACH potential customers and STAND OUT from your competition.
- CUSTOMER AWARENESS MEDIA HAS BEEN MONOPOLIZED: Over 90% of people looking to buy now go to a search engine first, and Google has about a 95% market share. So that means there’s lots of competition for customers’ attention, and expecting SEO Marketing to get you leads “overnight” is not possible and shows a certain lack of understanding.
- GOOGLE TESTS YOUR WEBSITE BEFORE PROMOTING IT: We can’t prove it, but from over a decade of experience, we know it’s true. They take 60-90 days to put ranking changes into place because they are protecting their customers to make sure they are showing the best sites with the best information.
- YOU NEED TO ADVERTISE TODAY: That means Google AdWords, now called Google Ads. Just think of it, your website is shown on Page One of Google within a few days of your campaign being launched. Due to the nature of the buying process in Moving and storage, Google is the best choice according to our decade of results.
Marketing is not “the push of a button”. It is a long-term strategy. The sooner you get started, the more revenue you’ll have…but be mindful it doesn’t happen overnight.
Onward and upward!
For more information: https://marketersformovers.com/blog/seo-guide-for-moving-companies/