No Contract SEO
Search Engine Optimization is a continuing process, but it should not require a 12 month contract.
At Marketers for Movers, we understand that you need leads now — not in a couple of years. That’s why our SEO services are month-to-month: if you’re not seeing results and not getting leads, there is no binding contract to keep you saddled to us forever.
A company that provides search engine optimization services should be upfront with you on how they drive organic traffic to your site. That often includes frequently performing security scans on your site, rewriting pages for maximum optimization and analyzing keywords ranking to make sure your site is always at the top of an organic search.
We’ve been helping movers generate leads through their website since 2010, and we’ve found that no contract SEO services work well for our clients. We’re focused on providing the best SEO services to our clients and we work daily to earn our clients’ trust.
Search Engine Optimization – No Contract, No Hidden Fees
So it goes without saying that you will want to hire an SEO agency that can accomplish the job for you with proven strategies and flexible options. No agency can promise you Page One. If they do, don’t trust them. That should be a red flag. Only Google determines the websites being returned for searches on Page One and it examines thousands of pieces of data instantaneously to do so. There are shortcuts in getting a site to Page One for certain searches, but nobody can promise Page One except Google… and that’s accomplished by buying their AdWords. See our Digital Advertising page for more information on paid search options we offer.
Why “No Contract” SEO Works Best
Today, most business is done subscription-based–think Netflix or Amazon Prime. Why should your SEO services be any different?
This type of business model works best for both the client and the provider. You know you’re getting the best service possible from a month-to-month model, and the provider is working extra hard to keep you on as a loyal customer for the next month.
Here are some things to keep in mind while choosing an SEO company:
- SEO strategy can be complicated, leading to misunderstandings.
It is important to let your SEO agency determine the strategy and implement it. You have hired them. Let them work. If, however, you are not seeing progress, you don’t want to be tied into an annual contract.
- SEO takes 4–6 months to begin to show progress.
Hopefully you will see progress in that amount of time somewhere on your site. If you don’t, you may want to find someone else and a contract will prevent this.
- A “no contract” SEO agency has urgency.
This is a constant complaint by clients of SEO companies. No urgency. If this happens to you, you’ll need the flexibility to take action.
- You won’t be a victim of “overpromising.”
Few agencies have been in business long enough to have a proven track record that you can trust. If your agency has overpromised, you may want out.
- Staff talent and experience.
“No contract” agencies are confident they can deliver results. Any agency is only as good as its people. Who are they and how long have they been there?
- SEO writing is done in-house.
It is not uncommon to outsource much of this work. If that is okay with you, then great. But having access to the people who are working on your site gives you confidence in the results.
- No hidden fees.
Contracts are notorious for obscuring the realities of what you’re getting. A “no contract” agency will be up-front with their services and the scope of their work.
How Do I Get Out of a Bad SEO Contract?
If you signed into a long-term SEO contract, then cancelling may be difficult. There are SEO companies that keep your content, passwords and accounts hostage when you want to leave mid-contract. It may be a good idea to keep your current SEO firm until your contract expires while looking for a new agency.
Avoid breaking your contract by following these steps:
- Reread your contract with your SEO company and look for clauses or short comings the company hasn’t delivered on. If you discover a loophole, use it to your advantage. Make sure you own your site.
- Have a meeting. Getting your grievances out in the open lets your agency know that the pressure is on for results.
- Ask for an SEO report. This will help you ask about the history and what has not worked in the past. Get details and explanation of prior actions.
- Request an SEO strategy. Engaging with them about a strategy will show allegiance and trust if you decide to continue your relationship if you see improvements. If you do not see improvements developing a marketing strategy in this manner, it will give you grounds to leave your SEO firm if they continue to underperform.
- Ask for credentials and account passwords. If you are still considering leaving, this is a great way to make sure that you have a more seamless transition between your current and next marketing firm.
- How does SEO work? SEO is not something you come across in everyday life, so let’s break it down: SEO stands for search engine optimization. It’s a digital marketing strategy that uplifts your website’s appearance at the top of search engine results. The goal of SEO is to get your site or page to page one, position one in search engine results. This is considered organic, because although it will require investment upfront, you won’t need to pay for leads if your site is optimized well.
- How do I optimize my website on Google? Google is undoubtedly the king of search engines, so it’s no surprise that most SEO agencies focus on Google first. The main thing you should know about optimizing a website is that it constantly changes. What works one month might not work the next. Therefore, analyze your website analytics each month. Make sure that your website is not set up to block search engines from crawling your site. If Google can’t find your site on the internet, then you’re not going to show up in search results! Research keywords to target. Does your business mostly handle long distance moves? Then make sure you have a page dedicated to “long distance movers” and “long distance moves”. There are many puzzle pieces that make up SEO, and this just scratches the surface.
- How much does SEO cost? SEO can be costly upfront. That’s because it does take some time before showing results (about 3-6 months), SEO is a specialized industry and requires different software and resources in order to research and analyze data. Quality and experienced SEO agencies will command more for their work, but it will be worth it in the end. Our clients are usually generating so much organic traffic, they don’t need to shell out additional money for advertising.
- Can my SEO package be customized? We offer tiered pricing. Before signing on, we’ll discuss your unique needs and what the market looks like for you.